Steps to reproduce
- Move the cursor into the middle of a note.
- Press shift-enter.
- Same as enter. Starts a new line in the note with cursor positioned at the beginning of the new line. Also same behaviour as most text editors.
Aside: Why do I press shift-enter instead of enter, you may ask? It’s just force of habit from adding notes to nodes all the time. When I want a new line rather than a new node, I tend to press shift-enter whether I’m editing the node or the note.
- Note collapses. Frustrating when editing large (multi-screen) notes.
- Cursor gets positioned at the end of the node.
- I kick myself and curse silently (depending who’s around) for repeating the same mistake for the 1000th time.
Aside: Pressing shift-enter again does re-expand the note but with the cursor positioned at the end of the note, losing my place.
Ubuntu / Chrome