Sharing to Dynalist on Android unreliable

Several times in the last day or to a saved link did not appear in my inbox.
This appears random. Seem like it happens more when the Dynalist app is “cold” (not opened in a while).

Steps to reproduce

1. Install dynalist on Androind
  2. Open website in browser
  3. Click “Share”
  4. Select Dynalist
  5. Press “Add” on pop-up
  6. Check Dynalist Inbox for link

Expected result

Link in Inbox

Actual result

Sometimes link not in Inbox

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Android
Which browser are you using? FireFox
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? Mobile
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Hmm, I’m guessing this only happens when you don’t have the inbox document open, could that be the case? Could you try staying on that document and let me know if that makes the issue go away? If it does, then I might have some ideas to help.

Also just to make sure I understand correctly, once you “add”, and you immediately navigate to the inbox location, the item doesn’t show up at all, is that correct? Does it ever show a message saying the item was successfully added?

The proplem is sporadic. I can not reproduce it reliably and do not recall allspecific details. I think it is reasonably likely I did not have Dynalist open when it occurred

Also just to make sure I understand correctly, once you “add”, and you immediately navigate to the inbox location, the item doesn’t show up at all, is that correct? Does it ever show a message saying the item was successfully added?

Anything about this part? I’m wondering if you’re leaving the app too quickly (so it never got a chance to save it) or whether the inbox tool is sometimes non-functional itself.

Does it only happen when using Firefox, or when sharing from other apps as well?

I mainly share from firefox. I do not know about other apps. Had a another ccase today. Seems to jappen when the dynalist app is “cold” - not been opened for a while. Once I visit the app,saving starts working. The main concern is silently losing saves when I do not check right away and forget I tried to save it. That is the point of “saving” afterall :slight_smile:

Once I open Dynalist, I can not replicate the problem. Even if I close it again.

There’s an old thread that seems to be about the same issue: Share to Dynalist in Android does not work at first

While not a fix for this, one workaround is to use Quick Dynalist for capturing to inbox on Android, which works really well and has some other nice features like multi-inbox support.

1 Like