Select multiple items on mobile

iphone. there are no software keyboards with a control key. (And no BBM.) So there is no way to copy a node.

Ohhh that truly sucks :sob:

Plus 1

My use case: I have a small template I use over and over for tracking activities (calls, meetings) and next steps with clients. I can duplicate this template on the desktop. Would love to do the same on the mobile (Thanks, @Stephen_Dewitt for the workaround of using a software keyboard with a CTRL keyā€“Iā€™d rather not have to install one AND itā€™s good to know I can.)

Plus Plus 1 1 :wink:

Iā€™d like basic select multiple with cut, copy, paste - not so much for major editing within Dynalist (which I save for the desktop), but for pasting into an email or text message.

Duplicating a deep node as in the same as duplicating on the web app? (Done with Ctrl+Drag or with the custom shortcut)

Hm probably. I never do ctrl-drag nor use a simple shortcut. I do select ctrl-c ctrl-v to duplicate. None of these being available at the node level in my phone.

I think entering a ā€œmulti-select modeā€ would be a good way to implement this feature, where you can then press on multiple items (or drag across a range) to select them, then can perform bulk actions (like ā€œMove Toā€) or manually drag the group of items. Would be great to see this addressed.

5 Likes

Me too. Would love this feature! Very cumbersome to adjust individual items Multi select would be much appreciated.

4 Likes

I just ran into this problem and am now rethinking Dynalists usefulness for me.

I just pasted in text with multiple new lines and it all split into separate items. Is there a way around this? Now the only way I can get the texts to copy each section one at a time which is annoying.

You can paste in the note field rather than the item title. Item is not meant for paragraphs ā€“ the note field is.

Last I checked WorkFlowy has the same limitation, you can check again if you want.

1 Like

That makes sense. Thank you. I was obviously I was a little frustrated yesterday.

It would still be useful to have the multi-item-select option in mobile apps, too. Many users above have requested it, stating many everyday user scenarios, so itā€™s not just a whimsical feature request, but a pretty important one, Iā€™d say.

I for one donā€™t use the note field at all, so when I need to move/copy several related items at once on mobile, it definitely is time-consuming that this needs to be performed item-by-item.

However, what I absolutely love about Dynalist is that the standard Select all pop-up menu command in mobile apps selects only the text of the current item and nothing else. Itā€™s exactly what I need! No more fiddling around with selecting only a specific paragraph of text, as in all other mobile text editors. And I use this option a lot more frequently (several times per day, I guess) than Iā€™d use the multi-item copying/moving, etc. Still, I would find that option useful as well.

Every evening I turn on my computer to select and copy a template to the next day. Then I turn off my computer and go back to my phone.

I need it to send my shopping list.

You can duplicate an entire list including its children on mobile now (+ of course then moving it to the current day), so you shouldnā€™t need to use your computer for this anymore?

Well, you can.

Yes I want this feature too

Hmm, I never replied to this as I wasnā€™t sure what you meant, and now I wonder if you meant I can but you canā€™t - just in case you donā€™t know, duplicate is on the mobile toolbar now, so no need for my super cool ctrl button :slight_smile:

itā€™s a pro-only featureā€¦

Oooooohhhh :smiley: