Search "edited" with specific dates not the range syntax

Looking at the search operators, unless I am missing something; it looks like one can only search within date ranges using the current date as a reference. Is there a way to search for a specific date or a range of specific dates for something like “edited” date range. Where I can go back to a specific month like 2019-12-01 to 2019-12-31. I am trying to set up a review of completed tasks for specific months and or QTR. This would catch everything completed in a time range that has no due date (!date) assigned and would be non-changing in its’ date range as time goes by as it does for the d, m, h, syntax using the current date as the anchor of the range.

It seems like you can use explicit dates with edited, for example edited:2020-01-13 shows me only items that were edited today, and edited:2020-01-10 shows my only items that were edited since the 10th.

But I’m not sure how to go about putting a date range in. Trying to negate the operator, e.g. -edited:2020-01-01 doesn’t seem to do what I expect.

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the late reply, yes it’s true that the current search operators mostly work with respective to today, e.g. in within:, since:, and until:.

What you’re asking about sounds like No. 5 in this feature request post:

It sounds useful, and I think you can post a separate post for it as well.