Search and replace

Thatā€™s a possibility, yes. But multi-part replacement would mean the UI would look quite different.

If youā€™re referring to just search, hereā€™s a card for it: https://trello.com/c/Dbu92TDh/81-regex-in-advanced-search

Currently I donā€™t believe we have a dedicated thread for regex search as I must admit itā€™s a bit niche.

I voted for that already! I agree that RegEx is niche, but I donā€™t think it should be. Iā€™m on a mission to educate other scholars in the humanities and the social sciences how useful it is to know RegEx. Saved me so much time over the years. Especially useful when importing texts from elsewhere.

5 Likes

I cannot figure out how to conduct a find and replace operation. I need to search for a text string everywhere in a document and change it.

How can I do this, or did I misunderstand the implementation?
Thank you.

EDIT: Found it: Its in the Hamberger Menu to the Left of an entry. I have to test to see if its just for the entry or for the whole document you are in!

1 Like

Thanks for this features.
Itā€™s just not easy to find, Iā€™m used to use ā€œctrl + fā€ and ā€œctrl + hā€ on other app.
Perhaps you can add ā€œsearch and replaceā€ option in the search dialog.