Read-only mode

Itā€™s only available on mobile via the ā€œopen bookā€ button

If youā€™re sharing a link, then itā€™s read-only by default. That window seems to be the one that a user sees after uploading a file. Right-click a document on the documents pane and then click on ā€˜manage sharingā€™

whatā€™s ā€œopen bookā€ ? i canā€™t find it

ah. no, my screenshot was of the ā€œget linkā€ screen when sharing an item. didnā€™t realize that sharing on the document level was already implemented.

My bad. I donā€™t use the mobile app as often as the desktop app and forgot that the book was changed into a lock:

Alright, let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

This read-only mode for a node is useful, to avoid accidental edit when a node is already finalised. Please implement it for browser users.

Seconded! It would be great if the lock mechanism was available in desktop mode.

3 Likes

+1

It has been already suggested in the thread about the WYSIWYG - https://talk.dynalist.io/t/visual-editing-wysiwyg/34/112 but apparently not with enough votes to be consideredā€¦

There is a workaround, though. Increase browser zoom to 200%, which will enable the Mobile version, activate the Padlock, reset the browser zoom, then enjoy the Padlock active. But whenever itā€™s deactivated for any editing, the same operation has to be repeatedā€¦ Which, of course, is completely non-sense.

3 Likes