Quick Dynalist - The native Android app for Dynalist

New beta version
:mag:Jump to location after ‘Add to inbox’ share :joystick:WYSIWYG formatting :link:Long press to insert link to item :radio_button:Quick toggle for adding items :beetle:Other bugfixes

4 Likes

You are on fire! Keep this up and I might have to switch to only using Quick Dynalist app.

1 Like

New beta version 2.8.2
:label:Tag items easily :beetle:Other bugfixes

1 Like

I have the feeling that QuickDynalist is getting better than the mobile app. Keep it up :grin: :100:

1 Like

Haha, honestly I don’t understand why you would still use the normal mobile app now. Please let me know :wink:

2 Likes

@Kenneth_Aar @Kevin_Murray @Craig_Oliver @Stephen_Dewitt @Philipp
This is my current implementation of linking and back-linking (also see discussion Roam Research and Cloning).
Please let me know whether this is useful in the current form and any other feedback you might have.

The grocery list links to a food item

Here we can see that all children of ‘Bananas’ are displayed in the preview directly

Selecting the Bananas item directly moves us to the linked location

We see the original two properties delicious and yellow and a backlink Groceries . This is because Groceries contains the item Bananas that we are looking at right now.

Moving up one in the hierarchy also shows us in the preview that Groceries contains a link to Bananas

Another example
Let’s say we want to extend the grocery list. We can put a link to groceries in our note and then keep adding new items like ‘chips’ and ‘chicken’. Now we will see both the original grocery list as well as our new items.

I also added an option to preview not only children but also children of children

3 Likes

This is really cool, and elegantly implemented @Louis_Kirsch, well done! I like what happens when you link in the note of the header, very cool. You might not always want that however - sometimes I link just to somewhere I regularly want to go to so ultimately there might need to be some modifier in the link text

Perhaps you might want a bit of a clearer visual separation between actual and linked content too, in both cases - a subtle line and a bit of space in between perhaps? Or perhaps linked content could be just slightly faded, like 90% opacity or something? Or slightly altered background, like 10% lighter in dark mode, or 10% darker in light mode?

1 Like

You mean beyond the blue and green link symbols?

Yea … I think for whatever visual reason the link symbols don’t make it easy to see at a glance at the global / bulk scale what is ‘actual’ vs ‘Linked’ - or maybe processing a symbol is just that bit more complex / demanding than processing a large scale difference in colour / opacity? You kind of have to visually search for the symbols a bit

Keep the links too though

1 Like

I love it.

This actually makes Dynalist a lot more usable for me.

But I think I’ll have to try it for a while.

I have added a pretty indicator bar :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ooh nice, looks great!

1 Like

For now I added a global quick toggle in the menu to enable / disable link & backlink display. I think we have to experiment with it to figure out whether this is a good solution.

Glad you like it.

1 Like

Okay, I have rolled out version 2.9.1 to the beta channel
:link:Show linked items inline (can be enabled in the settings or the action bar menu)

3 Likes

I think the Dynalist team should better hire you. Any open positions @Erica ? :grin:

Sorry, I am full time researcher :wink: But I am happy that you like it.

1 Like

@Louis_Kirsch is too good for Dynalist, and he’ll definitely be much more valuable in academia. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@erica thanks, but if you want to take the code base and make it an official app I would not mind.

2 Likes

Quick Dynalist oss the reason I keep using Dynalist. I love collecting links and quick notes when I’m on the run. Quick Dynalist makes that possible in a smooth and fast way.

@Louis_Kirsch I would love the possibility to rearrange notes list. Is that possible?

Sure, just drag and drop your items around. Or what precisely do you mean?