Push Item to Top/Bottom

I have a feature request that would be useful to people.

Right now, I use Swap with previous / next to move items around. However, many times Iā€™ll have a long list of items, and I would prefer to bump an itemā€™s priority all the way to the top or bottom. (This is an action I did a lot when using other todo list managers.)

For example:

Mon

• Get Milk
  • Exercise

Tue

• Vacuum :point_down:
  • Exercise
  • Feed the Dog
  • Pick up Kid from School
  • ā€¦ more items ā€¦
  • Water Plants
  • Do Laundry
  • Pick up John from Airport :point_up_2:
  • Cook Dinner

Wed

• Buy Groceries
  • Feed the Dog
  • Mow the Lawn

Letā€™s say I want to deprioritize Tue > Vacuum, and make Tue > Pick up John from Airport the highest priority item for Tue.

Mon

• Get Milk
  • Exercise

Tue

• Pick up John from Airport :point_up_2:
  • Exercise
  • Feed the Dog
  • Pick up Kid from School
  • ā€¦ more items ā€¦
  • Water Plants
  • Do Laundry
  • Cook Dinner
  • Vacuum :point_down:

Wed

• Buy Groceries
  • Feed the Dog
  • Mow the Lawn

To do that, I would have to click and drag, or hit the shortcut key for Swap with previous / next a bunch of times until I move the items to their desired positions.

I wish there was a shortcut to Push item to top / bottom of its parent list. Maybe you can leave the shortcut unbound, so users can pick their favorite shortcut. It could even be a Pro-only feature. :slight_smile:

This would be a great way to help me manually reorganize my very long lists!

Best,
Ron

3 Likes

Haha, thatā€™s pretty much the same thing, since non-Pro users wouldnā€™t be able to customize an unbound shortcut either.

Not sure how many others are interested in this, but hereā€™s a workaround for now: if you invoke the ā€œMove toā€ dialog and youā€™re able to find the parent in the list, it will send the item to top or bottom depending on your settings. The drawback is that itā€™s a bit slower and you canā€™t send an item to top and the next to the bottomā€¦ that setting needs to be changed.

2 Likes

Thanks Erica.

Iā€™m aware of the workaround, but yes I cannot send to top and then send to bottom right after.

However, this means that implementing this feature would be super easy. :slight_smile: You can just call your moveToItem() function and have a flag decide whether it goes to the top or bottom. :wink:

Happy New Year!

2 Likes