Powerpack 3

I just realized that it is possible to start Piotr’s Powerpack from within Dynalist. Just add this bookmarklet-like link and voila:

[Start Powerpack 3](javascript:$('head').append('<script src="https://greasyfork.org/scripts/369661-dynalist-powerpack-3/code/Dynalist%20Powerpack%203.user.js"></script>'))

Works from within the Desktop and web apps.

EDIT: Would be cool to have this at some prominent place in the “Powerpack Database” file.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your work on this extension. How can I use multi-line code blocks/snippets as I have seen other users post? I wasn’t able to find this information in the user guides, unfortunately.

https://dynalist.io/d/lzBWy1bl_LtzycHHl-ktmSVB#z=VUDhnH4Hl38A4bW4U8Wm-88O

But it’s currently not highlighting due to my silly mistake in latest version. I have a fix, but I still need to test other things before release, 2 weeks max.

2 Likes

Your great discovery @Christoph_Weniger works also on mobile browsers (at least opera on android can easily handle it).
It’s not ideal now, because the UI is different, but things like text highlighting, custom css, popups and sorting are working already well and I will try to make other things at least useable :ok_hand: I made some huuuuge improvements in the meantime, powerpack now has practically zero impact on Dynalist performance and RAM usage, no matter how big documents you have (I will release it in this week, I promise :stuck_out_tongue: ).

3 Likes

Looking forward to it. Thank you! :+1: Couldn’t imagine using Dynalist without Powerpack anymore :slight_smile:

I will try to find some time in the next week to write more in the guides, but for now it must be enough, explore by yourself or wait for more :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I look forward to taking this for a stroll :walking_man:

1 Like

Is it possible to activate this powerpack via a [link](javascript:) item instead of installing TamperMonkey?

EDIT: haha Christoph_Weniger had the exact same idea just a few posts up. Just saw it. nice.

EDIT EDIT: the javascript link doesn’t work for me :frowning: are you using Chrome?

Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera, Safari, Dynalist desktop app
It’s not working in Firefox (via link & tampermonkey too) and I don’t have Windows to check Edge

[Start Powerpack 3](javascript:$('head').append('<script src="https://greasyfork.org/scripts/369661-dynalist-powerpack-3/code/Dynalist%20Powerpack%203.user.js"></script>'))
doesn’t work in my chrome

other bookmarkets in [text](javascript:) format work tho, maybe because they are self contained rather than src= a different domain, sometimes chrome updates break cross-domain scripts

1 Like

I’m enjoying Powerpack 3. One minor point, when changing workspaces, it doesn’t seem to clear the current setting. So if there is an Agenda in the left column in one workspace, but not another, it still is retained when switching over.

I added an option (pp settings → workspaces) to remove all elements when switching
(v3.2.1)

2 Likes

The functionality of Audio players is really useful for language learners.

Is it possible to support more languages, e.g. Swedish?

It might depends on your browser/system, I have 41 different languages

#speak|sv-SE Enkla etiska och politiska frÄgor fick uppenbarligen inte lika enkla och tydliga svar.

you can look for codes for different languages in PP settings under Audio Players header, there is the list

1 Like

Great!

Previously I didn’t find the option for Swedish, so I thought it was not supported.

Now it works like a charm!

Thanks a lot.

Edit: One thing very strange is that the text to speech functionality didn’t work on the desktop version (on Windows 10) for me. I didn’t see any languages in the list, and the Swedish was read as English.

Maybe Dynalist devs use different settings for different platforms, it works for me in Mac app the same as in Chrome.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll use it in Chrome then.

Hi there!
I am fairly new to Dynalist, so please excuse this pretty obvious question, but do you/we know if Dynalist is actively working towards your implementations or is there going to be a day, where all my notes will be messed up. There are just so many great features I want to try out. It’s hard to stay away.

cheers,

keren

Hi,
no, they’re doing things in different way.
What do you mean by “messed up”? You can remove powerpack tags from some big document by saving your note as opml in .txt file and use some text editor to search and replace (remove) them. After that you can paste your note again. Maybe they even implement search and replace in Dynalist one day.
Other than that I don’t think your notes could be messed up by using these features.

Thank you for your quick reply. Maybe “messed up” wasn’t the right phrase. I am just trying to wrap my head around the PP and how it works. Thanks again! I will definitely try it out now.