Powerpack 3

My bad, completelly missed the ā€œOpen powerpack settingsā€ option in right corner. :smiley:

1 Like

Is there any sort of tutorial for putting all of these features to use? It seems powerful, but frankly a little overwhelming. Like what is an agenda and how do I benefit from using it?

2 Likes

Hi @Piotr, thanks for your amazing work!

I need a feature which Iā€™d be willing to develop myself, so I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any way to contribute to your extension (by a pull requests and such)?
  2. Is this feature already planned? In Spaced Repetition, I need to be able to use a breadcrumb of a nodeā€™s ancestors as the question. It would be very useful in order to memorize a whole tree. Also, I would love to be able to create a bunch of SR items from a list (or better, a tree) of nodes, just selecting a template to apply to each of them.
1 Like

Bug report: on the Electron app, custom CSS does not apply to panels and popups.

Chrome 76.0.3809.132.

Code highlight not working.

Just a fair bit of warning to everyone using Powerpack:
The internals of Dynalist is getting quite some change (in terms of naming and code structure). Since Powerpack uses some of our internal code api, that means there will be broken functionality.

Weā€™re working on a fair amount of internal changes in preparation for some of the big projects weā€™ll be working on, but hopefully these changes will be done by the end of year and everything after that will be new and wonā€™t be major refactors to the internal code structure.

It does mean that powerpack will and might continue to be broken until at least the changes can stabilize.

@Piotr I can pm you a list of major changes when they hit, but it doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s a lot of activity here recently.

1 Like

Gulp! Powerpack is so integral to my workflow. Your warning is much appreciated and I hope it can co-exist with the new Dynalist.

1 Like

Gulp! Powerpack is so integral to my workflow. Your warning is much appreciated and I hope it can co-exist with the new Dynalist. Good luck with the development. Weā€™re all very curious to see what emerges.

2 Likes

Agreed! I really would love to see Dynalist bake in PowerPack features. Without this and with broken PowerPack functionality, I might be forced to migrate to Notion. I would rather stay with Dynalist in an evolving, flourishing format! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well maybe the big project is a proper plug in system that allows building a Power Pack with stable functionality :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Iā€™m running Powerpack 2 and noticed yesterday that I canā€™t follow Dynalist-internal links and Powerpack was the culprit.
Guess, I have to work without Powerpack for some time. I still have my fancy custom CSS, though. :smile:

Since Piotr seems to be inactive, I could look into patching powerpack to keep it alive.

I didnā€™t realize people are still using Powerpack 2ā€¦ Do we have a good idea how many people are using 2 vs 3?

1 Like

I may not be representative. I use Powerpack 2 because Iā€™m using Firefox. And the only feature of Powerpack that I use is code highlighting of code snippets. As soon as this is implemented more natively, I wonā€™t be needing Powerpack at all. :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m using Powerpack 3, Shida. Thank you!

1 Like

You can use PP3 in Firefox as well. Just paste the script in Tampermonkey and it should work. I donā€™t know if everything works but at least for me it does :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit:
I am happy that here is some work done on Dynalist. On the other hand I really rely on some Powerpack features. I use multiple panes, workspaces and separators every day. I really hope there is a way to maintain it.

2 Likes

I just took a look at the script and realized, that this is monster of a script with >50k lines of code, apparently consisting of anonymous functions and no documentation.

@Shida How hard will it be to patch it?

1 Like

I think it shouldnā€™t be too bad if it mostly involves some search and replace. Last I checked, Powerpack 3 has grouped together most of the internal Dynalist functions so most of it is in one place.

1 Like

Good to hear, thanks!

The code by the link seems to be a minified/compressed version, is there an Github repo or some-such with original source ?

2 Likes

Also curious about this.

I can work on minified source if itā€™s just a few search & replace for dynalist internal functions, but having access to original source would be much better.

2 Likes