Powerpack 2

Thanks for the amazing work, Piotr! This is definitely awesome and makes Dynalist more appealing!! :smiley:

When I try to install from GreasyFork, Chrome pops up a message saying “Apps, extensions and user scripts cannot be installed from this website.” Any idea why this is happening and how to deal with it?

You can manually copy the code.

Seems lots of useful stuff, but hard to understand parts of the documentation. Maybe because I’m new to Dynalist. I have installed it, and managed to use it to sort a list. Still things I don’t get. From the top:

Features. Agenda. Icons on top of agenda pane:

Okay you lost me already. What is an agenda? Where is this agenda pane? I found the Powerpack Settings and made Agenda (whatever that means) active.

@Piotr Really cool tool, thanks for your hard work with this. Have you thought about adding your code to GitHub, making it a little more accessible for extension?

Thanks,
Chris

I have the source code from piotr, but he wanted to keep it closed source though from what I remember. Its written in typescript + webpack

The tamperscript file is just the one minified file created by webpack

You may not turn on the extension.

After you open the example link above and copy it to your dynalist, you can see a flash icon at the top left corner in your browser window . Click the flash icon, turn on the feature you want, close the setting window.

You should see the effect.

I finally have a little bit more time and yesterday started to working on PP 3. Opening links (external, internal, docs, bookmarks, tags, nodes zooms) in resizable, minimizable, customizable popups (with ability to work with multiple popups at the same time) already implemented. Now I will do the same with top, bottom, left, right panels, and I think I will publish this if someone wants to experiment. Oh, and PP 3 creates and uses Dynalist document as a database, so no more need to import/export settings between browsers. This also means endless possibilities. Spaced repetition, reminders, tables, custom attributes for nodes, node aliases, connections between nodes and other crazy stuff may be coming pretty soon, who knows…

12 Likes

:tada:

I’ll be happy to test when you are ready, thanks.

@piotr I can’t recall if I asked this already in the past, so I apologize. Have you thought about open sourcing this project on github? Then you get some developer support love.

Chris

1 Like

Is agenda currently broken? Am I supposed to see something in this tab? I hit refresh, disabled all extensions other than tampermonkey, and installed Powerpack 2 today. mzaLTNl

Separate question:

Is it possible to sort the whole document? I want to group similar tags together automatically.

I can only sort children of items with #sort content|#* ##

The document title doesn’t render a sort button.

Click help on greasyfork and read the first question on the FAQ: how to install. It will link you to the browser extension you need to run these scripts.

I’ve read the instructions and fiddled with Powerpack for an hour, but I’m failing to get anything I want working. Please could someone help?

1. I’d like to show every item with a date, sorted in order of date. A bookmark or agenda pane or something.

2. I’d like to sort the whole document. I have only figured out how to sold children of one item.

I’m not using PP2 anymore, but

1. item has date as view filter + sort by date option above founded items in the pane, should work. If you saved some view, click on the gear icon on the Agenda bar (the thing visible on your screenshot) and you will see your view, then click on it.
    Or if you want view items grouped by date, click on the option in settings and as filter use item content contains {dl_date}

2. You can’t sort whole document

1 Like

I’m trying various interpretations but the save view button doesnt seem to be saving

How come you stopped using PP2? Realized you can get by without it, or are using something better?

You need to paste full url (https://dynalist.io/d/idofyourdocument) of your document into “Documents to search” textarea.
Remove the sort by date from sort options, it needs different syntax and sort by date is already implemented, this input is for more advanced sorting options.
After that save view and refresh the tab. It should work.

I’m using PP3, it’s almost done, I should release it in the next week.

3 Likes

@Piotr do you take feature requests?

What do you think about the ability to show an overview of sub items next to the name of the collapsed item? Like this