Post your current Custom CSS (with comments)!

Ok, thank you alot, good to know!

I think there may be another wayā€¦if you go to ā€œInspect Itemā€ when on the main node, you can see the HTML architectureā€”it should look like the picture above. Any of the properties on ā€œNode-selfā€ can be mapped via ~ to ā€œNode-children,ā€ but none of the ones below ā€œNode-selfā€ can.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions, @Joshua_Reinier! I managed to make what I wanted using H1, Add checkbox and Check off variables (letā€™s name them like that). The below CCS make children of any bullet which have H1 and checkbox or check off or another combination of that variables to be arranged in 2/3/4/5 or 6 columns. Itā€™s configured for my display, so maybe if someone want to use it, they should modify the width of the columns. I use it in conjunction with AutoHotKey shortcuts (posted below). Also, be aware that I sacrificed the checkbox usability, but it remains the ā€œcheck offā€ to be used.

.is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer {
display: inline-block;
vertical-align: top;
}
.is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer > .Node {
width: 172px;
}
/*============================================================================== */ 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer {
}
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer > .Node {
width: 344px;
}
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-checkbox { display: none !important; }
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-content, 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-renderedContent, 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-note, 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-renderedNote { 
color: white !important;
text-decoration: none !important;
}
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-content, 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-renderedContent, 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-note, 
.Node.has-checkbox.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-renderedNote { 
}
/*============================================================================== */ 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer {
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer > .Node {
width: 255px;
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 .Node-checkbox { display: none !important; }
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 .Node-content, 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 .Node-renderedContent, 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 .Node-note, 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 .Node-renderedNote { 
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-content, 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-renderedContent, 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-note, 
.Node.has-checkbox > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-renderedNote { 
}
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer {
}
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children > .Node-outer > .Node {
width: 207px;
}
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-content, 
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-renderedContent, 
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-note, 
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 .Node-renderedNote { 
}
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-content, 
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-renderedContent, 
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-note, 
.Node.is-checked > .is-heading1 ~ .Node-children .Node-renderedNote { 
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .Node-children > .Node-outer {
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .Node-children > .Node-outer > .Node {
width: 512px;
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .Node-self .Node-checkbox { display: none !important; }
.is-mediumFont .Node-self.is-heading1 .Node-contentContainer {
font-size: 18px;
}
.is-mediumFont .Node-self.is-heading1 .node-line {
line-height: 22px;
min-height: 22px;
font-weight: 1;
}
.is-heading .Node-contentContainer {
text-shadow: 0 0 0px;
}

AutoHotKey script (! = alt, # = windows key, ^ = ctrl, + = shift)
!#6:: sendinput ^+h
!#3:: sendinput ^+h^+c^{enter}
!#4:: sendinput ^+h^+c
!#5:: sendinput ^+h^{enter}
!#2:: sendinput ^+c

Translation:
if node set to checkbox, then make it 2 children per line.
if h1 and checkbox and checked, 3 children per line.
if h1 and checkbox, 4.
if heading1 and checked, 5.
if h1, 6.

Itā€™s weird combinations youā€™ve chosen, but clearly you could do this for any combination of checkbox, checked off, number-children, color, heading level by matching up the CSS.

I think color1-6 plus a thing might be simpler (no autoHotkey required), and if you take out the bullets this might be a cool table making scheme. Really, this CSS deserves its own post for adding something new to DynaList.

One more tip: if you use % instead of px you can make it independent of display width. There are a few measurement units that could be considered.

2 Likes

I made it as fast as I could, so indeed it can be polished. Itā€™s not working with color labels, see above comments. Iā€™m not sure about the number-children, but for my use case anyway would not be convenient, because I need numeration in any context.
I was thinking at the table scheme too. :+1:t2: Maybe I will post it separately after my exams are over.
Thank you for the tip!

ASAP!! DUDE! I used your theme and now the right side toolbar is GONE! How do I get this back? or access it?

PS
Iā€™m using opera, when I insert the script the dynalist website keeps from loading and it gets stuck. I tried it 3x and all three the script caused the same problem. How can we solve this?

Is it buggy. The left sidebar keeps disappearing

Haha. That is on purpose. Everything disappears until your mouse is over it. Itā€™s intended to eliminate distractions while I write. See where it says left pane ease in and out 0.2 seconds on hover? Google ā€œdistraction free writingā€, its a popular style of app.

If you want to delete the CSS, just bring your mouse to the top right corner and click the gear that will fade in to view.

Thanks, zo I can change the value from 0.2 to letā€™s say 1?

The issue is that the left sidebar will keep flashing (dissappearing and RE appearing) preventing me from being able to click on the pages or create a new page or folder

It shouldnā€™t flash. Maybe you combined too many peopleā€™s CSS and they conflict.

@Erica Any chance this columnbusiness could make it into regular Dynalist?

I am so confused. The idea of columns for nodes sounds neat but I canā€™t really decipher this post/screenshot. Can anyone make a simpler version?

I love this, but it has some issues that Iā€™m not sure how to resolve myself. Iā€™m curious if you or anyone else can.

If I hover over a sidebar, it reappears as it should. However, if I right click or try to drag a file or folder on the sidebar, then the sidebar will disappear again while the right click or drag actions are still ongoing. This is especially troublesome for dragging, because you need to see all the files.

Any ideas for ways to fix this?

Whose CSS are you referencing?

Sorry, I guess I used the reply feature incorrectly. I was referencing the first post in this thread which used this CSS to make sidebars invisible unless hovered over:

/* Hides all the sidebars and icons until you mouse over them, for max minimalism */

.LeftPaneSlidebarContainer,
.LeftPaneSplitter,
.AppHeader,
.DocumentTools-icon
 {
    opacity: 0;
}
.LeftPaneSlidebarContainer:hover,
.LeftPaneSplitter:hover,
.AppHeader:hover,
.DocumentTools-icon:hover
{
    opacity: 1;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
    -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
    -o-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
    transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
}

I never saw an answer to this. Anyone?

.Node-self.is-heading1 { font-size: whatever; }

I may have mis-interpreted the question by Joao. I differentiate ā€œlevelsā€ and ā€œheadingsā€. ā€œLevelsā€ refers to the hierarchy of the outline:

• level 1
    • level 2
      • level3
        • etc.

ā€œHeadingsā€ refers to the ability to apply heading1, heading2, or heading3 formatting to any node at any level.

My question: is it possible to differentially format levels?

.Node.is-currentRoot .Node .Node .Node-bullet:before {
content: ā€œā—†ā€;
/* level2- diamond /
color: deepskyblue
}
.Node.is-currentRoot .Node .Node-bullet:before {
content: ā€œā– ā€;
/
level1- big square */
color: blue;
}

1 Like