Pasting links from apps will only copy the title and not the u

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

1. Use the copy link function from another app (nytimes). Access it from the share icon.

2. Paste the link into Dynalist or post it to dynalist

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Link with the title and url

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Just the title text, not linked

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

IOS and mac

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Can you paste the link you were trying to put into your Dynalist here?
And the result of what you see from Dynalist after pasting it there?

Hereā€™s a recording of what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rx73akp88jummn/2018-12-17%2021.56.34.mp4?dl=0

Ah I see now.

The NYTimes appā€™s share/copy function will paste the title first and the formatted link after.
The link pastes successfully on Android, so this might be an iOS issue.

Can you try selecting More and then select Dynalist to share the article to? (Instead of Copy)
Doing this will put the article in your designated inbox document.

Didnt know this feature.

Ios: First. I had to turn Dynalist on from one of the two More buttons. Next, Dynalist appeared as a Send target in the main icons. Tapping that gives me a send dialog, I click Send. The i see Dynalist with an add to Inbox dialog and I click Post.

Is one of those steps removable? Itā€™s certainly redundant.

Yeah, itā€™s an unnecessary step (due to our currently limited experience with Appleā€™s iOS native sharing capabilities.)

Weā€™ll look into making it direct share instead of having the native popup.