PageUp/PageDown behavior confusing

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I find the PageUp/PageDown behavior to be very confusing. I want a way to quickly browse a long document using PageUp/PageDown, but I find it almost impossible to navigate in this way, because Dynalist seems to randomly jump to unexpected places. I’m sure it’s not random, but it’s very confusing.

For example, if I go to the Main document, click on the “Main” entry, and then PageDown repeatedly, it seems to page down in a consistent and reasonable way, but then if I click PageUp, it immediately jumps all the way back to the top of the document, rather than to the previous page I was just viewing.

This makes it almost impossible to anticipate where any PageUp or PageDown will take me. I find I have to use the mouse and the scrollbar to browse the document, but this can be challenging, too, especially with long documents.

Thoughts? Thank you!

I was unable to reproduce what you described. My dynalist scrolled the same way any other website or news article would scroll with page up and page down, it went smoothly from top to bottom and back up again a page at a time. An item being focused didn’t change the behavior either. I am using Chrome on Mac. Do you have dedicated page up and down keys? Is it possible a modifier key for Home, End or normal arrows was triggered?

Thank you for taking the time to test and respond. That’s weird. I have tested with Chome on Windows and Chrom(ium) on Linux, and the behavior is the same. I think I understand the behavior a bit better now: In a large document, click on a particular entry near the top (and take note of the entry you selected). Then PageDown a number of pages. Then click PageUp once. For me it immediately returns to the entry near the top that I first selected. Does that make sense? Thanks again.

Yes, this annoyance is happening for me as well.

Move the cursor anywhere within a multi-screen-long document, then after paging up or down multiple times, pressing page up or down will return your screen to the cursor, instead of moving one page up or down, which would be the behavior expected in any editor.