Onboarding describes keyboard shortcuts that don't work (macOS Safari)

The “Getting started with Dynalist” default document you see for onboarding describes some keyboard shortcuts that didn’t work for me on macOS Safari, I thought I’d report them:

Steps to reproduce

• “cmd+shift+c to make checklist” doesn’t work at all for me (nor does alt+shift+c) - nothing happens
  • “Go Back” shortcut is actually ctrl+left, not Alt+left as it shows on the hover text - however this shortcut on macOS is bound to “Switch Workspace” by default so isn’t usable.
  • “Use Ctrl/Cmd+O to quickly jump between documents” - neither of those shortcuts work

Also:

• The “no document open” screen you see if you delete a document shows instructions “use cmd+O to open” - however this doesn’t work, instead shows the Safari “Open” dialog.
  • Make numbered list - doesn’t work if you highlight some items in a list, you have to select the parent item (fair enough, just not obvious)

Expected result

For the shortcuts to work

Actual result

Described above

Environment

MacOS 10.13.3, Safari 11.0.3

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Are you focusing on an item when using this shortcut?

Sorry this is broken on macOS at the moment. We hope to fix it soon, really sorry for the inconveniences.

That’s weird, does Safari open an “open file” dialog instead?

Now that option is called “Number children”, which I think is pretty intuitive.

Is it possible that you’re on an older version? The latest version is 1.0.53. You can check the version in main menu (menu icon at the top right corner) - About.

The downloaded version can be outdated, so please restart the client to update.

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Is it possible that you’re on an older version?

This was on the day I first registered, so I don’t think so. All testing was in Safari.

“Use Ctrl/Cmd+O to quickly jump between documents” - neither of those shortcuts work

ctrl+O works for me now, ⌘+O does open the Open dialog in Safari.

“cmd+shift+c to make checklist” doesn’t work at all for me (nor does alt+shift+c) - nothing happens

This works for me now too :slight_smile:

Ok, that part still sound like a bug to me, I filed a bug and will try to repro this.

Thanks again for letting us know!