Numbered list offset issue

2018-02-21_12-14-26

In short, when I enable ā€œnumber childrenā€, thereā€™s a problem with the display of the numbers when the numbers get larger. The html element containing the number seems to have something like an ā€œabsoluteā€ position so that if the number is say in the hundreds or thousands, it overflows and overlaps with the content of the item. (See the screenshot I attached). Itā€™s possible to work around this of course (use a different font / keep the list shorter). Still I thought since this is probably unintended behavior Iā€™d report it. Thanks!

Thanks for catching this bug!

We have been aware of this for a while now, but as itā€™s not straightforward to fix, we have been stuck on it.

Basically, if the numbers donā€™t overlap with the text, they will overlap with the icons that appear when you hover the item.

Weā€™ll take another look and see if thereā€™s anything we can do now.

1 Like

I had reported this myself some time go. I would LOVE to see this fixed, thanks!

1 Like

The problem still lingers with numbering lists greater than 100 elements

Weā€™ll adjust the width of the number text to work up to 999 as a temporary fix in the next patch.

In the long run, weā€™ll need to make some serious layout re-writes so that it would automatically expand its width and push the menu options on the left side of it. Sorry for the wait!

1 Like