New Themes

I am not a huge fan of the existing themes. Is it possible to add other color schemes so that the format is a little more customizable to be more aesthetically pleasing?

5 Likes

It seems it is planned eventually to allow users to define custom CSS (just as checkvist has), and this would then allow for new themes by the community.

1 Like

The official themes are of all minimalist style to prevent the theme from being distracting, but I definitely understand that some people have different preferences.

And yeah, what @Chris_Kunicki said. Soon custom CSS will be available.

You can also use user style on the web app. Here are some user styles that people have created for Dynalist: https://userstyles.org/styles/browse?search_terms=dynalist

1 Like

Would you be able to update colours for each entry depending on tags assigned using a custom CSS? I find this very useful to quickly see #todo items or #done items or special sections using other custom tags…

Yes you can. “#tag” will have a “title” attribute called “Filter #tag”. You can pinpoint them with custom CSS.

Yes, current themes other than Default are not great. Workflowy’s “wood” theme is a really nice/pleasant backdrop to work in. Offering better themes is a no-brainer!

I’m personally not a fan of their “wood” theme but you can definitely mimic that with custom CSS.

1 Like

:joy: who said Skeuomorphism is dead!

1 Like