Multi-line code blocks

thanks, this markdown code block with triple backticks works!

Hi all! Does this work now? For me hitting enter or pasting something multiline always creates new item - either with triple backticks or without

a) Use shift-enter to add a note. you can use multiple lines in the note.

b) Or, use ctrl+shift+enter to add more lines to the item without advancing to the next bullet

c) If thereā€™s a way to paste multiple lines into a single bullet, I donā€™t know it.

1 Like

I copy multiple lines into a single bullet by first pasting what Iā€™m copying into a note (shift-enter). When Iā€™m adding code, I put the triple-tick marks in front of the first line and after the last line. If you just want plain text in multiple lines, just donā€™t use the tick marks. I havenā€™t figured out a way to directly paste multiple lines into a single bullet.

Thanks you @Alan, @WebAlstrom ! ctrl-shift-enter is what I was looking for :+1:

By any chance, does the indentation change from tabs to spaces when saved as a snippet on Dynalist?

Asking because I never use spaces but pasted snippets have spaces. When I use tab, the IDE tells me I canā€™t mix tabs with spaces.

Reminds me of that episode in Silicon Valley :sweat_smile:

No. Not for me.

I pasted

test
	test
		test
			test
test

into a note, then clicked elsewhere to render it, then clicked the copy button on the right corner. I then pasted it back in text editor. It still has tabs.

1 Like

Iā€™ll update once I solve this mystery :man_shrugging:

I am also using the AHK keyword, but there is no highlighting taking place.
My attempt looks something like this:

What could possibly be going wrong?

To paste multiple lines into a bullet-point, the simple way I use is:

1. Paste it in the note below another bullet-point.
  2. Copy the note (Ctrl+A , Ctrl + C)
  3. Paste it in a new bullet. (Ctrl + V)
1 Like