Move item to top of list

Iā€™d like to bulk move a list of items. However amongst this list I have one item I donā€™t want to move. Feature idea: Add a shortcut to move the active item to top of the list then I can drag and bulk move the rest of the items quickly.

Current solution: Pick the I donā€™t want to move, click and drag to the top of the list. Drag and select items below and move to desired destination.

Thanks!

3 Likes

You want a ā€œsend to topā€.

A workaround is using MOVE.

MOVE moves an item to a list of your choice and appends it ā€“ at the bottom.

So if you move an item within the same list, itā€™s equal to ā€œsend to bottomā€

Doesnā€™t look like thereā€™s an easy way to do this, I wish they had a ā€œdeselect hold CTRL optionā€ so you can deselect items you donā€™t want to cut and paste (as opposed to moving an item upwards)

In preferences you can decide to send an item to the top rather than the bottom of a list.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

I believe the move function takes too much effort to do this very useful function.

checkvist had

Ctrl-Home/End Moves the selected list item on the very top or very bottom of the list. If the list is focused, the selected list item will get to the top or bottom of the ā€˜focusedā€™ node.

which I found very useful.

Also it doesnā€™t look like I can make my own shortcut to do that since it is not
built-in shortcuts in Dynalist

What shortcuts can be customized?

1 Like

@Erica How difficult would it be to implement this? :slight_smile:

I would really really benefit from a quick ā€œMove to Topā€ command, as I have long lists that I manage the ordering of.

It can be unbound so users can choose their own shortcut. Right now, I have to resort to using the Move Item popup dialog, but that is slow and takes multiple steps. I have to jump between several documents and pick high priority items to move to the top of my list.

Please help us introduce this feature! I also see @anon26346057 suggest an idea where if you are focused on a node (i.e. zoomed in) then a Move To Top would just move to the top of that sublist. Thatā€™s a great idea!

3 Likes

I would also find this very useful. Hopefully, weā€™ll be able to set custom keyboard shortcuts for ā€œMove item to topā€ & ā€œMove item to bottomā€.

2 Likes