Missing options on the menu of root item

Steps to reproduce

1. In any file, zoom out to the root item.
  2. Open the menu for the root item.
  3. Notice how there is no option apply a colored label.
  4. Notice how there is no option to change the heading.

Expected result

• Expected it to have options to change the color label and heading.

Environment

Web dynalist. Chrome for linux.

Additional comments

• Using the shortcut to change the color label of the root item seams to be working correctly.
  • I’m not sure if it is a bug or feature, but using the shortcut to change the heading of the root item does not seam to be working correctly; Ctrl +Alt +1, +2 or +3, all have the same effect.

That’s somewhat intended. Heading effects will only show when they are not the zoomed in item, but the root item does not have parent.

Technically the effects are there, it’s just that there doesn’t exist a situation to make the effects visible.

Not sure if that’s a bug… honestly I don’t see the point of adding color or heading to the document title.

In my personal experience, I found that using color labels on the tile can make the organization look better in some specific cases.

I think it might be a good idea for every item to have the same functionalities, so that it is easy to understand how items work. “they all work the same way” sounds better than “they all mostly work the same way”.

Well, technically the root item is just the title of the document, so I think it’s reasonable to think it’s not an item. For example, in Google Docs, you won’t regard the title of the document as the paragraph, right?

The title already has some menu options, it feels like an item. When you zoom in an item, it looks just like the title.
If you make the title different enough from the zoomed it items, it might be reasonable to not give the title any nice feature.
But I think Dynalist’s thing is to make recursive seamless lists, and making the title of the file so different from anything else might break this feeling.

Hi @AnakimLuke, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! We’re cleaning up the bugs and would like to move this to a feature request if you’re still interested in it.

Thanks in advance!