Mind-mapping your ideas ... to Dynalist

Hello,

My favourite app for mind-mapping (brain-storming) on the go (Android/iOS) is Mindly.

Sometimes …

• I start by fleshing out a topic using Mindly, then …
  • I select SHARE (in the app’s menu), and choose OPML (as the format to share/export in)
  • Finally, I choose COPY TO CLIPBOARD,
  • then switch to Dynalist … and PASTE!

After that, I can continue working / adding content in DynaList.

Eddie.

Note: Mindly is my favourite mobile mind-mapping app because of it’s unique mobile UI, which makes mind-mapping painless in the small mobile-device screens. (I was using the paid version of Mindly before I discovered Dynalist).

2 Likes

Interesting! I’d like to know how they’ve managed to make mindmap a breeze to use on mobile. Will check it out!

1 Like

Also - related to cloning/displaying items in multiple places - this app (Mindly) features the ability to have an item appear in more than one place:

When you’re going to paste an item it asks:

• duplicate or link?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I also use an app for this, in my case is SimpleMind (Android/iOS/Windows).

I use it mostly on desktop and with the shortcut “Shift+Ctrl+C” i can copy the mind map as an outline and paste on dynalist when needed.

Can’t say if this feature is available on mobile.

3 Likes

Same here using Mindly to brainstorm in an mobile device.

Every node is circular and orbiting the parents. If there are more than 6 node around a parent, it shows an arc only and let you turn the node around. It is a clever design!!

The only problem is… you lost the sequence and order when you uses Mindly.

1 Like

I didn’t want to pay $30 for Mindly but I found a free one that takes dynalist text, so export document>plain text>spaces>paste to textedit>replace spaces w tab>paste to https://tobloef.com/text2mindmap/

I guess it’s kind of nice to have the levels radiate from the center, rather than being randomly distributed in the rows, makes it easier to see the dynalist in a different way

It’s not a very good website, I had to zoom out until the text is unreadable. Maybe there are other free ones that accept hierarchal lists

3 Likes

Wooo I never heard of this mind mapping app yo, it doesn’t appear to be popular at all but #miro had taken off whenever that was, but I have not found it helpful for anything yet.

When you do this or cut and paste from outline view, do you get a collapsable outline in Dynalist or just the whole thing with indentatitons (not collapsable)?