Make Breadcrumb with dates look nicer?

Currently, if you zoom in on a node which just contains a date, the breadcrumb shows the !(yyyy-mm-dd) as opposed to a formatted version.

Eg:
Daily Log > !(2016-11-23) > Tasks

4 Likes

Same thing goes for an item containing a link. Because you can’t interact with breadcrumbs, Perhaps they should only contain the formatted, unlinked, unclickable versions.

That’s a good point. No need to display links when they are not clickable anyway.

I think the same point applies to page titles on zoomed-in items.

1 Like

They are formatted just fine, no?

Could you give a screenshot that could serve as an example of this?

I meant the html title that appears in the browser tab name. There I get raw markdown like in breadcrumbs. Sorry for not being clear ).

1 Like

Hmm we can strip away the *'s and the _'s, but I don’t think it’s technically possible to format the browser tab name. Sorry about that!

1 Like

I decided to explain a bit more what I mean with an example =). I took the first two posts of this topic to mean that we want the breadcrumbs to contain a ‘plain text’ version of the formatted item.

Like if my markdown is

Use [google](www.google.com) to search

then the rendered item will look like this:

Use google to search

And for both the breadcrumb and browser tab title I want just this:

Use google to search

Sort of what I would get after copying the rendered item and pasting is into a plain text editor.

So I’m not asking to format the browser tab name, I just want it to only have the text content of the item.

Sorry for trying everyone’s patience with this minor thing =).

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

1 Like

Yeah, it would be great if you could render some basic Markdown (and dates) in the breadcrumbs.

1 Like

Sorry for the super late fix - markdown should be stripped in the latest web app now, coming to desktop app soon.

1 Like