MacOS: cannot leave item selection mode

Steps to reproduce

On a mac:

1. Copy this list into a Dynalist page.
  2. Click on this item so that the cursor is blinking in it.
  3. Tap the left or right Command key (āŒ˜).
  4. Click on this item.

Expected result

I think the cursor should be blinking in item 3, because releasing Command should exit item selection mode. Is my expectation incorrect?

Actual result

For me, items 1 and 3 are selected, as if Command was held. To exit selection mode, I have to tap Escape or Shift.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.2, Mid-2012 Macbook Air (will test on another mac soon)
Which browser are you using?
Chrome 79.0.3945.117
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?
Also occurs on the desktop app, version 1.3.0.
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
No, and I disabled browser extensions while testing.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything, but please let me know if you have ideas.

Additional comments

Maybe the Command keyup event isnā€™t handled properly (at least for my system)? I had a quick look at the minified code but couldnā€™t see where itā€™s happening.

Thanks for the bug report, Iā€™ll test this on a MacOS test machine to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Iā€™ve tested the exact behavior you described and I canā€™t seem to reproduce it. As long as I release Command it will move the cursor there as expected, instead of your description of adding the selecting the whole item. If I continue to hold down the command key I get the behavior you described.

Did you happen to see any errors in the developer console? I donā€™t want to assume thereā€™s anything specific on your machine thatā€™s doing it but it would be nice to double check just in case.

There are no errors in the developer console, and verbose doesnā€™t show anything interesting eitherā€“

main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Web environment initialized.
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Persistence user id: [this is an id]
VM40:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq)
VM40:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq)
VM40:1 [DOM] Input elements should have autocomplete attributes (suggested: ā€œcurrent-passwordā€): (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq)
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Namespace [this is a namespace] hash check: Success
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Push service: connected
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Document ā€œTasksā€ hash check: Success

You probably tested on Catalina. I also tested on a different machine running High Sierra and couldnā€™t reproduce the issue.

Unless anyone else chimes in, I would assume the issue is specific to this machine. Iā€™ll keep looking at my settings and try to figure out whatā€™s going on. Thanks for looking into this anyway!

Got it, thanks for confirming on a different machine! Youā€™re correct that Iā€™ve tested on Catalina.