MacOS: cannot leave item selection mode

Steps to reproduce

On a mac:

1. Copy this list into a Dynalist page.
  2. Click on this item so that the cursor is blinking in it.
  3. Tap the left or right Command key (⌘).
  4. Click on this item.

Expected result

I think the cursor should be blinking in item 3, because releasing Command should exit item selection mode. Is my expectation incorrect?

Actual result

For me, items 1 and 3 are selected, as if Command was held. To exit selection mode, I have to tap Escape or Shift.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.2, Mid-2012 Macbook Air (will test on another mac soon)
Which browser are you using?
Chrome 79.0.3945.117
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Also occurs on the desktop app, version 1.3.0.
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
No, and I disabled browser extensions while testing.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

I don’t think there’s anything, but please let me know if you have ideas.

Additional comments

Maybe the Command keyup event isn’t handled properly (at least for my system)? I had a quick look at the minified code but couldn’t see where it’s happening.

Thanks for the bug report, I’ll test this on a MacOS test machine to see if I can reproduce the issue.

I’ve tested the exact behavior you described and I can’t seem to reproduce it. As long as I release Command it will move the cursor there as expected, instead of your description of adding the selecting the whole item. If I continue to hold down the command key I get the behavior you described.

Did you happen to see any errors in the developer console? I don’t want to assume there’s anything specific on your machine that’s doing it but it would be nice to double check just in case.

There are no errors in the developer console, and verbose doesn’t show anything interesting either–

main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Web environment initialized.
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Persistence user id: [this is an id]
VM40:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: Create Amazing Password Forms)
VM40:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: Create Amazing Password Forms)
VM40:1 [DOM] Input elements should have autocomplete attributes (suggested: “current-password”): (More info: Create Amazing Password Forms)
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Namespace [this is a namespace] hash check: Success
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Push service: connected
main.min.js?v=20200115174407:1 Document “Tasks” hash check: Success

You probably tested on Catalina. I also tested on a different machine running High Sierra and couldn’t reproduce the issue.

Unless anyone else chimes in, I would assume the issue is specific to this machine. I’ll keep looking at my settings and try to figure out what’s going on. Thanks for looking into this anyway!

Got it, thanks for confirming on a different machine! You’re correct that I’ve tested on Catalina.