Lost ability to paste into Dynalist on iOS app

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.
Pasting fine into Dynalist on iOS Safari. Then go to Dynalist app on iOS. Paste does not work - nothing copies over. Then go back to Dynalist on iOS Safari, Canā€™t paste into that anymore until I get a new clipboard

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
Pasting

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
Nothing

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?
iOS latest, ipad, (seems to work ok on iphone) Dynalist mobile app, most recent updated version of the app

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

8 Likes

I can be a bit more specific now. Pasting is working fine until I try to paste a link from the Files app. That paste doesnā€™t work, and afterwards no pasting works, even if I change the clipboard to something without a link. I have to restart the app for pasting to work again

I can construct a link fine in the markdown format of
square brackets round text / curved brackets round link
and it works fine

but if I let an app such as files or evernote or bear generate a link, I canā€™t paste it in and it kills paste until I restart dynalist

So presumably these apps are generating some mojo when they generate a link to copy which interacts badly with dynalist

even more specific now - I donā€™t think its the link in the clipboard when pasted that kills paste in dynalist ios - its the line break / return in the clipboard that stops it working

Confirming that Iā€™m experiencing the same issue as Nicholas. iPhone XS Max running the current iOS.

This might explain why the clipping extension isnā€™t workingā€¦

1 Like

If I copy a url from safari, Iā€™m not able to paste into the app as well.

Same issue, copying and pasting from another app no longer works. Copying and pasting inside of Dynalist still works.

iPhone XS Max
iOS 12.3.1

I am having similar issue on iOS 12.3.1, trying to copy text from iMessage and Notes. Paste into Dynalist app - nothing happens.

Same here, canā€™t past anything to iOS app, pls fix asap

4 Likes

@Erica system paste and share extension are broken in iOS

3 Likes

Iā€™m also not able to paste in Iphone to dynalist. Using Iphone X

Iā€™m also not able to paste into Dynalist on iOS.

Repro:
(1) From within the Chrome iOS app, click the ā€˜shareā€™ icon in the address bar, click ā€˜Copyā€™
(2) Go to Dynalist and try to paste from the clipboard into the app.
(3) Nothing happens.
(4) Go to any other app (like Notes) and paste. It will work.

Somehow other apps are able to access the clipboard info and Dynalist canā€™t.

Iā€™ve also seen this when copying links to tweets on Twitter.

This has been going on for at least a month and is making Dynalist almost unusable on mobile for me.

2 Likes

Same for me. Canā€™t paste. On iPhone XS

Copy/cut paste and also sharing via extension to Dynalist is not working for me. Iā€™ve tried several different cases.

This is my most common use case and crippled my usage of Dynalist

As a workaround until it gets fixed, you can load Dynalist in mobile Safari and copy/paste there.

(Donā€™t read this as me minimizing the issue. This has definitely impacted my use of the mobile app as well, and I hope it gets fixed very soon. I just wanted to let you know thereā€™s a kludge to at least get stuff into your list until the mobile app gets fixed.)

@Erica Pasting images copied from the ā€˜Notesā€™ app on iOS (scan a document, long tap page and ā€˜copyā€™) also doesnā€™t work, whereas pasting this image into other apps works just fine.

Same issue, on iPad. Itā€™s driving me crazy.

Can we get an ETA for this fix? This bug has me on the verge of going back to Workflowy.

EDIT: after downloading the latest app update, this is fixed. Thanks!

At least for me, the update on 3 July fixed the Copy/Paste issue for me. Have you installed that update?