Issue with PDF Renders

Sup team,

When exporting a Dynalist document as a .PDF, Mac’s Spotlight is not indexing the content within the PDF.

Is this a problem with the PDF rendering? I suspect the PDF data is being rendered as an image, instead of text.

Thoughts?

Look forward to hearing from ya’ll!

System:
MacOS Mojave (10.14.6)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Latest version of the Dynalist desktop app

Can your Spotlight index other PDFs?

I think it’s rendering text as text. Evidence: you can select text and copy them. The content pastes alright. I’m exporting to PDF by printing and then saving as PDF, not sure if I’m doing the same as you.

Hey @Erica ,

I can’t select the text and copy like you’re suggesting.

Highlighting the text has this unusual flickering/flashing. When pasting into a text document, it’s a random assortment of characters. :thinking:

Could you take a look at this Apple help article and see if helps? https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/preview/prvw1020/mac

Looks like you’ll need to press some extra buttons to make text selection viable.

Appreciate this, thanks @Erica. But no joy. :cry:

Another short video. PDF on the left created from Dynalist. PDF on the right created from MS Word.

Thanks for the reply, sorry to see it not working :cry:

Is it the same with the web version? Or is this issue only happening with the desktop app? That would help us a lot in pinpoint the issue. Thanks!

Apologies for the delay in my response!

Good news… I think. It seems to only be a problem with the mac desktop app. The web app seems to be alright :muscle:t4:

I see, that works but still not ideal. We’ll keep an eye on this!

@Erica Not sure what’s changed, but just noticed this is working in the desktop app now. THANKS! :muscle:t3: