Is it possible to make the scrollbar color more different than the "dark" theme background color?

I use the “dark” color theme, and have been annoyed that the scrollbar on the right side of the page is almost the same color as the dark background, making it almost impossible to click on. I’ve confirmed with my friend that she also can’t see the scroll bar, so I don’t think it’s some issue with my eyes. I use the pro version so I apparently have the ability to add custom CSS. Can I make the scrollbar brighter using CSS? If so, how?

Regardless, I believe the default color for the scroll bar should be changed when using the “dark” theme. Should I post separately about that in the “bugs” section?

1 Like

The scroll bar color for dark theme looks to contrast in colors pretty well for the browser app.

But I do see what you mean for the desktop app.

Can I make the scrollbar brighter using CSS? If so, how?

Yes, it’s entirely possible. It’s a general CSS code, too, so all you need to do is Google “CSS change scrollbar color” or similar.

Strange – I use the web app only, and the scrollbar in the web app looks like the scroll bar in your desktop app (I’m using Chrome on Linux Mint):

scrollbar3

Do you think this would be considered a “bug”?

Thanks for the CSS advice.

Ah, I see. The browser I used was Firefox. Chrome does indeed look like your screenshot (and the desktop app).

Wouldn’t say this is a bug, per se, but rather a browser aesthetic. Unless more people request additional themes or change in layout, we won’t be allocating resources for this. :pleading_face:

As a workaround, CSS is the way to go.

Here is the code you want

.DocumentContainer::-webkit-scrollbar {
  background-color: rgba(0, 255, 255, 1);
}

.DocumentContainer::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {
  background: rgba(255, 0, 255, 1);
}