Insert current date

I would like to be able to insert the current date (format set-able) as a text string in addition to being able to have the !date function. This would help in updating notes, and keeping a log of actions. If this is already possible, I’d be grateful to learn how to do it. Thank you.

+1

:star_struck:

If you use Chrome, there are plugins to help you do this. I’ve been playing with TextBlaze and it’s working well for me so far:

I appreciate the recommendation, but I use Dynalist on a Windows PC, MacBook, iPad as well as in my browser (Safari on my MacBook), and I really prefer not to have to have several different text expander apps, nor to have to remember different key strokes. This should be a simple addition to Dynalist, I would think. I hope it gets done some day.

TextExpander is cross platform now.

Textexpander doesn’t seem to have a browser extension. I have a Chromebook and so use TextBlazer, which works mostly except in Google Docs for some reason.

I would really prefer not to have to invest in another $40 annual subscription for a work-around of a basic feature that any app like Dynalist should have.

OneNote has shortcuts for current date and current time. I would like the same here. I note that ! doesn’t have a current time option.