Improve time remaining marker in dates

Problem
When I’m outlining/planning a project and I set a general end date, I want to see how much time is still left even if remaining time is more than 6 days (as is currently). And for me it’s often the case.

Solution
Add an ability to always see how much time is remaining. There are several option how to do it, I’ll list couple of my most preferred ones.

• Since it’s actually hard to track projects running for more than a single month with only one date counter - just increase maximum cap in current implementation of “time remaining” from 6 to 30 days. It should cover most of the cases.
  • Add new simple syntax like “!!” that will allow to use “time remaining” counters only when needed, so user will actually have more flexibility when and where to use it. Remove any cap for max values for such syntax. As an example with “!(2018-07-08 22:00)” you see “Sun, July 8th, 2018, 22:00”. And with new syntax “!!(2018-07-08 22:00)” you will see “In 27 days, 22:00” or even “In 27days, July 8th, 2018, 22:00”.
  • Add new configuration that will allow the user to define the maximum cap with options like (don’t show, 6 days, 30 days etc).

I like this as it expands on my request that went the other way to remove the days remaining for those of us who use it like a calendar.

I add more suggestions.

• Add “show both” to the suggested configuration setting (don’t show, 6 days, 30 days), which shows both the date and time remaining for those like me who always want to see the date
  • Or add a separate option for Days Remaining display that indicates what’s displayed when inside the Days Remaining cutoff. Options could be - show Date [i.e. don’t show Remaining], show Remaining, show both Date and Remaining. In this case the cutoff field is just the number of days that the user can select.
  • Or more advanced, 1. Let the user just enter the number of days to be used for the cutoff, default 7. … 2. The days remaining field could be a formatting mask like Excel uses where the user could enter - mmm dd r “left”, i.e. “Jun 12 3 days left”.