How To Join Multiple Items Into One (Block and then Mass-Delete Carriage Returns)?

I am a new subscriber but 20+ year Ecco user, and I have a question as to how to do something that is easy in Ecco:

I frequently paste emails into Dynalist, and I don’t want them to take up multiple items with every paragraph / carriage return. In Ecco, when I want to combine multiple subitems into a single item, I block the items and hit CTRL-SHIFT-J

Is there an easy way to do this in Dynalist? I looked through the keystroke reference page but can’t find anything there or in a menu that would seem to be helpful.

I hate it that my first question is probably obvious and therefore stupid, but I hope you will forgive me.

Thanks!

1 Like

There’s no easy way to do this, unfortunately.

I would recommend pasting paragraphs into the note field, where line breaks are properly kept, if that’s possible for your workflow. I hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. At least I didn’t ask a question that was obvious. I hope you can add this to the list of possible future enhancements. In the meantime maybe I can use some kind of text cleaning software to remove line breaks before I paste. Thank you!

1 Like

This probably doesn’t solve your problem but just in case you don’t know, ctrl+shift+v produces slightly different behaviour to ctrl+v in windows - it removes the formatting before pasting, which sometimes comes out better in dynalist with respect to breaks, but also sometimes not :smiley:

1 Like

There’s a pretty close feature request on our roadmap for it: https://trello.com/c/2t0soCIT/78-merge-multiple-items-into-one

1 Like