Highlight Disappears when trying to select text

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Highlight multiple lines of text, particularly filled with a lot of code.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

It should stay highlighted.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

It deselects the text, or cancels the highlight. It never sticks.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Windows 10, both the app and website.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

https://streamable.com/p3qo

Additional comments

This won’t affect text further below in my document, which has fewer formatted items and notes.

Thanks for the video! That’s really visual.

It a bit hard to see the cursor though. Could you give a little description about its movement?

I’m highlighting the text from the very bottom and last character to the top. And hovering over the bullet point doesn’t seem to lock-in the highlight.

I’ve noticed in some other other text, that sometimes if I do not highlight at the very end*, then it will also fail to highlight.

*e.g. starting from the middle of the last line

@JP1 @Shida fixed some stuff around this behavior, is this still happening for you?

Btw, I can’t see the video on Chrome/Android, within this post. Can anyone else confirm this?

It’s still happening for me.

I can see it, looks normal.

1 Like

Everywhere? It’s not fixed on desktop, yet.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Sorry about that.

Let me know if you still see the issue on web! Thx.

It is on the Web, actually. I forgot about the desktop app. Sorry again…

So you still experience this issue on the web version after refreshing?

That’s weird, the bug almost looks identical to the one @Shida fixed. I’ll ask him again.

Yes. Thank you so much.

Edit: It seems to be working now.

1 Like