Google Assistant / "OK Google" integration

Greetings!

I (surprisingly) couldn’t find an existing feature request on this, so I apologize if this is a dupe. Also, I understand an API is on the way, which will probably make integrations easier in general.

Oftentimes, I’ll have random ideas while driving, and the only way I can get them out of my head is via voice command. I would like to be able to “OK Google, add ‘suggest a Google Assistant integration’ to Dynalist” (or similar verbiage) and have it plop it into my Inbox destination.

3 Likes

Thanks @Rey_Tucker! Interesting feature request.

And don’t worry, I don’t think it’s a duplicate either. No one seems to have suggested it before. We’ll give it some more thought, thanks a lot for the input!

1 Like

I would love to see this, too. Jotting down a quick idea or task takes me several clicks and I can’t at all when driving. But, oh, an “OK Google. Note to self” would be helpful. (As would a quick-add in the notification area, btw. But that’s for another post)

1 Like

Google allows for different note-taking apps to be selected when you use the “Note to self” command in Assistant, not just the default app . No idea how complex it would be to support this. I would be satisfied if the note just went to my inbox location. I would use this heavily while driving/walking. Right now I take voice notes in Google Keep and then share them to Dynalist when I reach my desk.

1 Like

For the time being, this guy had a pretty neat workaround. (Would still love this to be supported natively!!)