Gdpr

I think I’m not the only one here who got tons of emails over the last few weeks from companies updating their privacy policy according to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by the EU.
While I don’t care about most of them, I do care about Dynalist. It’s my main note-taking and organizing tool and very (very!) important to me.

So I’m wondering if there could be any problems for using Dynalist in the future from inside the EU?!

The safest way I see is if you two update your privacy policy according to the GDPR. Hopefully, there is someone more experienced who can help you make the changes. Naively I see no problems with that. You don’t sell our data, you don’t run ads, and you only store personal data to run Dynalist.

Regardless of what happens, I still want to use Dynalist. But I would rather avoid using a VPN if you feel the need to block access for European users. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have the same concern. It’s a pain to comply but you really don’t have a choice I’m afraid if you have users based in the EU.

@Viktor_Papara @pottster: thanks for watching out for us!

First off, we have no plan to block European users.

Second, although it’s kinda late (we were on semi-vacation last month), we’ll start prepping for it now. Since we’re not an ad-tech company and don’t use any personally identifiable information for tracking purposes, it should be fairly easy for us to comply.

TL;DR: know that we still :heart: our European users and are working to comply with GDPR :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Erica, do you have any updates on this?

2 Likes