♾️ Forever Calendar 1.0

Hey there,
I am sure many Powerusers know the struggle of maintaining a calendar of some sort in Dynalist.

I got across this Blogpost which offers one calendar that works forever.
Just copy the list with the day the month starts and viola: No more typing every month. :partying_face:

Because I did not like the initial date and weekday formatting I decided to hack together a little python script and create something similar for Dynalist.

Copy the tmplate to your Dynalist

Let me know if you are interested in different formatting etc.

~Philipp

12 Likes

I’ve been using this for a few years and it works well.

I haven’t used Dynalist’s Google Calendar integration yet. Curious, why would a DL pro user prefer this?

I do this anyway with dynalist today feature, so I would say its a great idea.
to get all the todays out there
do you have a copy of the template? oops! thanks!!

seems like someone could make a lot of money by creating a useful, integrated project management app without all the flowers ,yet still useful.

I could write the specs =)

only thing is it doesn’t sync with calendar cause the dates are formatted as text

1 Like

Personally, I use a calendar template, and then under each day I put my events and I tag it with the date and time - this way the information syncs with google calendar, and I can have notes about it under that bullet. Or I have a cat information document and a money one, which will have things I need to do on each - bill reminders and things with files - so everything is in 1 place, but with a date, so Google can remind me about it.

I guess I could just go straight to google calendar, but as I implied above - I like how the dates and the notes are in the same place, but also on google cal for notifications and things, for example, cat vaccinations and worming schedules, so my workflow looks like:

• Google Cal reminds me to give her the meds,
  • link for Dynalist, I hop over.
  • I can see all the information
    • uses advantage spot on
    • last done on Nov 11 and next needs doing on Dec 11
    • there’s only 1 pill left
    • create a bullet below to remind me to order it - with a deadline.

Instead of:

• Google Cal reminds me to give her the meds
    “What does she use, how much do I give her now?” checks dynalist
    Doesn’t notice I’m low on the meds and then gives the next dose late

Same with medical information or tax or anything, I need to call HMRC? I can put a reminder on Dynalist, Google Cal will remind me - with a link to the bullet on Dynalist and I can see all my information in 1 place - and check it off when I’m done. X appears on the event in the calendar, so I can easily see that it’s complete.

A super long way of a long way of explaining it but hopefully it makes sense.

2 Likes