Font Specification Needed When Sharing a List Publicly

Hi,

Please, similarly to us being able to specify a theme when sharing a list publicly, let us also specify a font to be used in the publicly shared list. The default Whitney font is a bad choice, because it mishandles diacritic letters. For more details, please see here:

cut.in.net/public-sharing-font

Thank you.

Any suggestion for a font that is like Whitney but is better for these letters?

Iā€™ve got to say I like the Whitney font ā€“ itā€™s just that itā€™s unusable for many (most?) languages with diacritic letters (unless you never use italics, or unless you donā€™t mind publicly sharing lists that look ugly/malformedā€¦).

I also think that Consolas and Whitney arenā€™t really all that different. The main difference, to me, is that Consolas works with all letters perfectly, whereas Whitney does not. :cry:

A quick (and seemingly easy) fix for the Dynalist team would definitely be to allow us to specify the font in the sharing string ā€“ then Whitney could stay the default font in Dynalist. You know, only quite recently, Dynalist introduced the option to specify the theme when publicly sharing a list, so the option to specify the font as well should be relatively easy to implement, Iā€™d guess.

Consolas is a mono-spaced font and Whitney is a variable spaced font making these extremely different even if the letters have a similar style.

Alright, @Alan. :slightly_smiling_face: The point is, this issue should be a relatively easy & quick fix for @Erica & @Shida, via expanding the variables in the URL sharing string, so hereā€™s hoping the fix will be implemented soon.

This has been bugging me ever since I joined Dynalist a couple of years ago, but especially over the last few weeks, Iā€™ve been involved in large-scale projects with dozens of collaborators, I keep sharing our project outlines with the involved teams using Dynalist, and I just keep feeling embarrassed when I see how malformed the text looks in a publicly shared list displayed in Whitney, as opposed to how I see it myself when composing the list in my own account using Consolas. I also frequently give editing permission to my collaborators when sharing a list publicly, and then they also have to struggle with Whitney while editing the lists. (No novice user will delve into settings to look for a different font.)

Itā€™s just not good advertisement for Dynalist when potential new Dynalist users look at publicly shared lists in this software and they see malformed text in them every time. :roll_eyes:

I understand you need an option to control what font displaysā€¦ Thatā€™s an important and needed improvement.

But the community also needs a better default, because:

There must be another commonly used option thatā€™s better.

Right. :grinning: Itā€™s just that Iā€™m in the midst of complex projects right now, I share public lists with my teams every day and we work on them on a daily basis, so I would appreciate a quick fix if possible.

(As opposed to that, I fear that the search for a new default Dynalist font might take some time, itā€™s a weighty decision to make for @Erica & @Shida, there might be some resistance to the change from the Dynalist user community ā€“ ā€œWhitney loversā€, :rofl: etc.)