Find Replace

Thanks!

Could we get a keyboard shortcut for find replace, or at least add it to the cmd+F find tool?

4 Likes

Really hoping to be able to cmd+R for replace. I so rarely look at the popup menu I didnā€™t even realize it was in there. I use shortcuts for almost everything.

why donā€™t i have it? Windows desktop app.

So I spent about 1/2 hour the other day manually making the same change to a text string, thinking ā€œwhy doesnā€™t Dynalist have search and replace? :thinking:ā€.

Just now an update came for Win desktop app so I decided to see if there were any new features. Lo and behold while searching I find that actually there is a search replace feature.

1. Why is this not shown as an option on the popup menu for Search function. The way it is in every other app ever programmed everā€¦

2. Why is the hotkey not "CTRL/CMD + R by default ā€¦ the way it is in every other app ever programmed everā€¦

3. Why did I have to almost accidentally stumble over the fact that the feature is already in this program that I use every single day to track almost every single project and errand in my life (not exaggerating)

Love the app guys ā€¦but your customers shouldnā€™t be wasting time (some people are saying hours of time) because you didnā€™t finish the last 5% of the job when adding a feature. Make it easy to find and use, thanks.

1 Like

It is in a weird place: In the context menu of any item, even though its operation has nothing to do with the current item. It would be more sensible by the magnifying glass icon.

Ya, itā€™d be nice if it was in the UI, or in the dropdown links that show up when you use the find box

Like which? No itā€™s not, in standard apps like #gdocs and #gsheets thereā€™s a separate hotkey for find+replace, or you have to go through the UI (which is a bad way of doing certain things btw)

Find+replace showing up upon clicking on search/find would seem like good UI, but have to test to see - since many apps do not actually have this feature, so want to see some common/popular apps and see how itā€™s done in their