Filter stops when closing and reopening father item

Steps to reproduce

I set filter to see only items with checkboxes.
I close sections that contain checkboxes, like ā€œOFFICEā€, containing items like " [ ] write document"
i reopen section and ALL ITEMS show, filtered or not

Expected result

I should be able to open and close and reppen fatehr items and filer should still be working

Actual result

I lose the result of the filter in the re-opened section

Environment

Which operating system are you using? win 11
Which browser are you using? Chrome
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist? n/a
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
no.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

You can use the back button in your browser. Then it will go back to to the filtered results.

Hi, BC, thank you for the prompt reply.

When I push the back button Iā€™m back to square back. I lost the view that I wanted --for instance, collapsing all of my OFFICE category tasks and then opening them back a minute later only to find out I lost the filter.

Or say I use pink highlighter for high priority items and want to focus on those today. I want to be able to filter for those and then manipulate my list throughout the day without having to re-filter every time I collapse or re-open a parent item. If I re-open my GROCERY list, I should be able to see only ā€œBuy Milkā€ which is highlighted, instead of seeing a bunch of non-highlighted, irrelevant items. I think this is an important behavior for Dynalist in order for it to be as useful as it can.

I say this as a 3 year daily Dynalist user.

Thx.

Ah, I am wrong about how Back button works.

But if you look at the URL bar when you filter, you will see the URL is https://dynalist.io/d/_________#q=whatever you searched so if you manually copy and paste that youā€™ll have a way to return to it. I know itā€™s probably not as nice of a solution as youā€™d like but maybe helpful?

Sure, thereā€™s workarounds. Personally, I reapply the filter when I open or close something, which is a pain in the rump. So lately I decided not to use the filter at all because of that glitch.
IMHO that behavior is a bug that should be addressed, not a feature suggestion. A filter should filter no matter what while active. If itā€™s impossible because of some technicality, I understand, but, if possible, it should be regarded as a malfunction.

My two cents.

Thank you for you proposed solution, though.

Understood. I see why the ā€œbugā€ exists, since the URL changes when filtering, and changes when zooming. It doesnā€™t change when expanding and collapsing via +/- buttons tho. So navigating that way is another workaround (of course, not what you want, but just a suggestion)

Thank you, BC.

I notice that the same happens with the color filter. I like to use colors to assign priorities: red for high, orange for medium, yellow for low. Non-color is not a priority. I have a filter so that only colors appear. very convenient to manage my daily to-dos without distractions. But the filter breaks the minute I open or close items.

This bug might be beyond what the current system architecture can support but fixing it would make Dynalist that much more capable.