Error syncing occuring frequently since yesterday

Iā€™ve noticed yesterday and today that occasionally Iā€™m getting the red Can't sync when Dynalist attempts to save. It usually goes away after I Ctrl-s, but itā€™s been happening pretty often.

Windows 10, Chrome v89.0.4389.114.

The issues are getting worse, and itā€™s showing the infinity loading bar for a long time. I also just got a Cloudflare ā€œcanā€™t reach dynalistā€ page.

Have not experienced. This probably means either Cloudflare is having problems or you internet is bad lately.

Can you switch to the desktop app? It has better offline functions for when internet connection fails. Have you speed tested your internet? I personally have not seen any issues, but I am on gigabit fiber with <1ms ping to cloudflare in downtown San Francisco so I am not the best test.

The Cloudflare error I saw was that Cloudflare couldnā€™t connect to dynalist.io, which would imply the issue is not on my end (could be on Cloudflareā€™s end, but more likely itā€™s Dynalist). It could be unrelated to the general syncing issues Iā€™ve been experiencing, which maybe is related to my underlying connection. I have gigabit fiber as well, but bay area AT&T fiber has been known to have weird shit happen sometimes, e.g. the bit flipping incident of December 2020 https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25335936.

The syncing problem hasnā€™t been happening as frequently for me in the afternoon, so hopefully things are back to normal. Glad to hear this doesnā€™t seem to be a sitewide issue. Iā€™ve left the dev tools network tab open just in case it happens again.

Weā€™re seeing some occasional spikes in activity thatā€™s locking up the server for a few seconds at a time - Iā€™m still investigating the issue but so far Iā€™m not finding any patterns yet.

So far it doesnā€™t seem to affect general usability apart from the occasional errors. Iā€™m still keeping an eye on things though.

2 Likes