Entering date without picker but in Australian Format dd/mm/yy

Hi,

I would like to be able to quickly enter the date using keyboard (I have just signed up for pro) but the problem is that while it can handle moving the year from the front to the back, I cannot find a way so that I can enter the Australian format of dd/mm/yy. Obviously, this is a very dangerous setup for me that could have me incorrectly entering date info.

eg I want to enter !(20/3/19) which should equal 20th of March 2019

Thanks

2 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, but this gets complicated pretty quickly when you consider the possibility of sharing a document with people from countries other than Australian.

It’s simpler to change the display format, but I understand that you want to change the actual text that represents the date. This is a lot more complicated though.

XKCD has a great comic about this: :smile:

1 Like

It isn’t just Australia. In fact, there are ten times more people using the DMY format than the US MDY format. Take a look at this wikipedia site. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
Also, other apps I use all have the option eg Remember the Milk. I’m sure you can figure out a way to look after the rest of the world outside of the US. :slight_smile:

3 Likes