Email to Inbox usability issues
From this feature users that benefit the most are that use automation tools to collect incoming data.
Manually sending email could be the case but it takes more time than just open dynalist
Email to inbox can be used to easy way of collecting different types of data.
- RSS subscriptions
- Forwarded emails with receipts, job positions, quizzes, meetings
- Liked/favorite knowledge: twitter, youtube, pinterest, many more platforms
- etc. etc.
THose allow user automatically add data to handle it late into inbox.
Few problems current implementation
From Email sent to Dynalist is get Subject as list Item and Body as Note
User might not need to have a note but just have item.
- Have a list to tweet as item, actual tweet might be not needed since it should be processed
- Link to yoututbe, notes here unnecessary since video will be processed later
- Pinterest, just collection of images, notes with hashtags will add a lot of noise.
Automation tools and Sending Mail Services might not allow blabnk body or add additional information to it.
- SendGrid - raises error when user trying send email without body
- Zapier - Body is required field (email get trimmed before check, so no workaround)
- IFTTT - Doesn’t require body but Add unsubscripted information to the end of email.
User might need or not to have body.
- Setting to disregard email body can help but it’s not flexible.
- Add check for special body to disregard it. For example if body is
<empty body>Dynalist will skip body
- Additional email for collecting only item:
- Usual email:
- Email without node
(most of mail providers work with those out of the box)
This format also allow to expand this feature in future:
I’d be happy for any of solutions (or any another that will allow to skip list item
note at all