Email to Dynalist | header text only

Steps to reproduce

Send email to my unique Dynalist email address in Gmail and Outlook.com

Expected result

I would expect the email header to be displayed as the main node and the body of the email in the notes field

Actual result

I get the name of the email only. No link to the email or additional text.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Window 10
Which browser are you using? Chrome
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? 1.3.1
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No

Additional comments

I’m sorry if this is covered in another forum post. I searched for a few minutes and then decided to create this one.

Would you have an example of the email and the corresponding result? As far as the implementation goes, we use the “Subject” of the email as the main text, and the content of the email as the note. The content of the email is stripped of any footers like "Sent from my " and signatures like “Thanks,”. I believe any forwarded content from Outlook is stripped as well.

Do you think your email content could have been classified as footer and removed?

Is there anyway to have forwarded content remain and not be stripped? My main use case is forwarding relevant emails from Outlook to Dynalist. Right now any email I forward is showing up with only the header text and nothing more in the note area.

I’m not too sure, since we get the stripped text from our email service provider directly.

You could try to remove the forwarded email header (from/to/subject) to see if it’ll recognize that as the email body instead of a footer.

Thanks @Shida. removing the forward header content works. Not ideal, but doable for my needs at the moment.

Thank you for confirming!

In the latest version you should be able to fix it with this setting:

Perfect recommendation on the feature. Completely over-looked it…