Duplicating Lists

Another outlining program (that shall not be named) allows for duplicating an entire outline from a choice in the dropdown menu for each line. I do it as a back-up or if I want multiple instances of the same sub-outline of an outline.

Right now the only choices are to expand all and copy then paste or exporting to OPML file and re-importing.

Can we get “Duplicate” in the dropdown? Just sayin’

Thanks!

Tim

Hi @Tim_Mundorff! If I understand what you’re trying to do, there’s a keyboard shortcut for duplicating an item (see below). I have mine set to Ctrl-Shift-D.

1 Like

Craig,

Ah!! Thanks!!!

I shall spend more time with the Settings page.

Have a great day!!

Tim

1 Like

Craig,

And while I’ve got you on the phone, so to speak, have you found a way to do “Find and Replace?”

I found a way to do it in Workflowy using a recommended Chrome extension but it doesn’t seem to work with Dynalist. It does search and replace but then the page freezes. I close it and re-open and my changes have returned to the original text I was trying to replace.

Thanks

Tim

@Tim_Mundorff, no, I don’t know of any way of doing general find-and-replace in Dynalist. I can rename tags in the tag-bar on the left, and it will automatically rename all tags.

But if I need heavy-duty regex search or text modification, I have to export the tree to OPML, edit it in my favorite text editor, then re-import it into Dynalist. It works fine, but it’s a little clunky. If there’s a better way, I don’t know what it is.