Drag & Drop under another item is way too far to the right

When i drag item and i want to drop it so it will be under another bullet i need to drag it too far to the right. Correct length of dragging it to the right would be the same length as identation depth. So it will feel like iā€™m dragging item where it belongs to. Now, instead i need to drag it further right.

1 Like

We initially considered this when deciding the threshold. What you suggested is actually the first solution that comes to mind, as I agree itā€™s pretty natural.

However, we then realized that itā€™s a pretty common use case to reorder things on the same level, so we want to leave more space for this action. Otherwise for people who simply wants to reorder sibling items, he/she needs to consciously avoid a big chunk of the screen.

Itā€™s really up to oneā€™s use case ā€“ it sounds like you drag things under other things more often than you reorder items on the same level.

If anyone else is having this issue, please like OPā€™s post or leave a comment. @Alexander1 we can also start a poll in the Poll category if my argument doesnā€™t sound convincing to you.

1 Like

I agree that the threshold needs to be wider than the OP describes, but I also feel that it is currently too wide for comfort. Iā€™d like it to be about 35% narrower, but even 20% would help. Dragging with a touchpad is always precarios. For me, moving up and down isnā€™t much problem, but the farther I drag to the left or right the more likely I am to accidentally drop.

I will adjust this to make it slightly easier in the next release.

@Shida While this change seems to work fine on desktop, on mobile itā€™s now difficult to align an item at the sibling level. If youā€™re too far to the left youā€™ll end up aligning it with the parent level, and if youā€™re slightly over to the right it will become a child item. See this screen capture: https://streamable.com/ux0u7d

Hmm youā€™re right that definitely doesnā€™t look good. I will make a fix for this soon.

2 Likes

Will be fixed with the upcoming release.

1 Like

@Shida I saw this fix was mentioned in the May release post from yesterday, but Iā€™m still seeing the issue in Dynalist on Android Chrome. Has the fix gone out yet?

It seems that I didnā€™t properly upload the artifacts to the server so it rebooted to the old version insteadā€¦ Should be deployed now, sorry about that!

1 Like

@Shida When will the native android app update with this fix go out?

My bad - will have it out as soon as the review process allows.