Drag and drop on the item instead of the bullet option

I am a long time user of Dynalist, converted from Workflowy by all the forward looking options.

One thing I miss and have never fully adjusted to is the requirement to drag by the bullet in iOS. I don’t fully understand why dragging from the bullet was preferred over dragging from the easier to touch full line.

Request
You do a great job at putting things in the settings. Please add an option to turn on dragging the item by the item itself instead of by the bullet. I would use this option daily and eliminate resistance of using the iOS version of this service.

Drag and drop on the body would be a godsend at this point. I just remember fully enjoying that part of Workflowy on my iPad. Simply more convenient and less prone to missed bullet dragging.

Thank you for such a great app!

2 Likes

I agree about changing the requirement to drag by the bullet in iOS.

I would expand this suggestion to change the way to zoom in on an item, currently another functionality that uses the bullet.

My use case: On the iPad app, if I touch ANYWHERE near the beginning of a line - to drag it by the bullet, to place the cursor at the beginning of the line - I accidentally zoom about 50% of the time. The difference between the 3 actions is millimeters, making it very easy to miss the target.

Once the accidental zoom happens, there is no way to get back to where I was, either my location within the context of the outline, or with the search filters I applied. I can only go back to the top of the outline with the first “breadcrumb”, and all filters are removed.

My proposed solutions are to zoom another way, or a preference setting that would allow me to disable it completely.

Otherwise I’m very happy with Dynalist. I use it all the time on my desktop, laptop, iPad, and iPhone!