Don't display markup when editing?

answered

Is there a way to not show the different markup when editing a line (****, ___ __, !(date), etc…) but rather just keep the word formatted like a normal text editor?

I find it very distracting to have to parse and manage the markup when editing a line…it just adds so much visual noise.

Tony

As far as I know this is not possible at the moment, but the feature seems to be in the works: Visual editing (WYSIWYG).

Thx for the quick response… unfortunately it looks like that feature hasn’t started yet and isn’t going to anytime soon, based on the how long it’s been open :disappointed:

Markdown always sounds good in theory but I’ve always found it distracting and even more so in the current Dynalist implementation where it always feels unexpected even though I know it’s going to happen.

What’s curious is how Headers seem to be handled just fine without the need to show the formatting? I’m currently trying to see if I can get by with solely using the H tag and minimizing all other markup.

Headers is easy because it applies to the entire item… I won’t go into the technical details but Markdown is a lot harder because it can be applied to an arbitrary piece of text.