Disappearing backslashes

Steps to reproduce

type this into a bullet point:
find the app - “C:\git\nortridge.nls.scripts.NET\NLSGeneralLedgerService\NLSGeneralLedgerService\NLSGeneralLedgerService.vb”

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
the backslash before “.NET” shouldn’t disappear

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
the backslash disappears

Environment

Which operating system are you using? win 10
Which browser are you using? chrome
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? no

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

is Dynalist still being developed? Is it gonna disappear? It’s my favorite outliner but it seems the devs aren’t around. If y’all are focusing on something else that’s fine, but it’d be nice if y’all were like “hey we are still here but we’re doing this”, etc.

I believe this is intentional

\ is what’s called the “escape character”

In coding languages, when a symbol is used for something, you put \ before it to tell the interpreter that you meant the character and not the operation.

If you want !(2023-08-23) in your dynalist you must type it as !(2023-08-23) , otherwise dynalist will interpret the operators and turn it into a clickable date calendar.

The solution for you is to either put it in the “notes” area where operators dont render anyway
or put another \ to tell it to use the character, i.e. \. The second \ will disappear when it renders.