Default shortcut key for Zoom in / Zoom out doesn't work on Dynalist for Linux

Steps to reproduce

On “Dynalist for Linux(64bit)”, I select an item, and press the default shortcut key for Zoom in(Ctrl+]) or for Zoom out(Ctrl+[).

Expected result

Default shortcut key for Zoom in causes zoom in to selected item. Default shortcut key for Zoom out causes zoom out from selected item.

Actual result

The default shortcut key for Zoom in / Zoom out doesn’t work. Both doesn’t work.

Environment

I installed the latest virsion of “Dynalist for Linux(64bit)” to Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon(64bit) few days ago. I use it now with keyboard for Japanese speaker.

The “Actual result” also occurs on Google Chrome on the Linux Mint enviroment. But on Firefox, the default shortcut key for Zoom in(Ctrl+]) / Zoom out(Ctrl+[) works properly.

Additional information

Instead of default shortcut key for Zoom in / Zoom out, key combination of “Ctrl+[” causes zoom in to selected item, and, “Ctrl+@” causes zoom out from the selected item. It occurs on “Dynalist for Linux(64bit)” and Google Chrome on the Linux Mint enviroment.

On my Windows10 enviroment, the default shortcut key for Zoom in / Zoom out works properly. So the “Actual result” doesn’t occur on it.

Additional comments

That’s weird. From past experience, unresponsive shortcuts are usually caused by the keyboard layout.

Do you use the same keyboard on your Windows 10 environment? And what’s the version of the Dynalist app on Linux and on Windows 10? You can check version in main menu (menu icon at the top right corner) - “About”.

Thank you for your reply, Erica.

Do you use the same keyboard on your Windows 10 environment?

Yes I do. The keyboard I use on Linux and Windows10 is Logicool’s “KEYBOARD K120”.

And what’s the version of the Dynalist app on Linux and on Windows 10?

Both is 1.1.5.

Also I have experienced the “actual result” on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Manjaro 17.1.10 Cinnamon Edition with the keyboard. On each Linux environment(including Linux Mint 18.3), I use Fcitx which is a input method framework.

Is it possible that the “Fcitx” input method editor is taking control of the shortcuts? I mean, are you using a similar IME on Windows 10 as well?

Just trying to figure out if there’s any setup difference between Windows 10 and Linux here. I don’t remember hearing feedback about zoom in/out shortcut not working on a normal Japanese keyboard. My guess is that we should have heard about the issue by now, since many of our users are Japanese.

Is it possible that the “Fcitx” input method editor is taking control of the shortcuts?

I couldn’t know it clearly, sorry. Incidentally, on my Windows10 and Linux environment, the default shortcuts of zoom in(ctrl+]) or zoom out(ctrl+[) aren’t assigned for any other functions or applications.

I mean, are you using a similar IME on Windows 10 as well?

When I want to input Japanese characters, I use “Google Japanese Input” as IME on Windows10. On Linux environment, I use “Mozc” as IME for inputting Japanese character. Because Google Japanese Input for Linux doesn’t exist. According to Github(https://github.com/google/mozc), Mozc is an OpenSource project originates from Google Japanese Input. I think that Mozc is popular IME for inputting Japanese characters on Linux.

However, on my Linux environment, the “acutual result” occurs whether Mozc is On or Off.

Yesterday, I wrote here that I use Logicool’s “KEYBOARD K120”. After that, I know that the “actual result” also occurs when I use another keyboard(emachines KB-0705, this is also keyboard for Japanese speaker) on my Linux environment.

Just trying to figure out if there’s any setup difference between Windows 10 and Linux here.

About shortcut key of “ctrl+]” or “ctrl+[”, I think there isn’t setup difference between them. Since those are different OS, also each IME is different software, maybe there are many differences which aren’t recognized by me.

My guess is that we should have heard about the issue by now, since many of our users are Japanese.

I think so too, but Japanese users who use Linux are quite few than Windows / Mac users, and, maybe fewer people who report bugs in English language.