Daily automatic backup fails after upgrading to Big Sur

Hi.

Just after I upgraded my MacBook to Big Sur, daily automatic backup fails.
Until upgrading, daily automatics backup worked well for about 6 months.

I re-linked Dropbox account, but still daily automatic backup fails.

Any idea?

As far as I know the backups are server-side. So there should be no issue with Big Sur. I’d check whether there is still space in your dropbox. Also try to enable and disable the auto backup feature.

1 Like

It only makes a backup on days where you change something, do you use dynalist every day?

Sidenote - if you need to recover something there is a seperate, independant backup in revision history too (tho it only goes back so far)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I re-checked and found that the backups are all successfully saved to Dropbox (server-side).

Success: Dynalist backup -> Dropbox Server.
Fail: Dropbox Server -> My Local Dropbox Folder.

After upgrading Big Sur, my Dropbox app does not work well.
I reinstalled the Dropbox app to my MacBook, and it is successfully syncing now.

This trouble is solved.
Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I had the same problem after re-upgrading my expired Dynalist Pro. It had worked before, but immediately after upgrading I got the following e-mail:

We weren’t able to save your backup to Dropbox.
Here’s why: Access to your storage account has been revoked.

I unlinked and linked Dropbox from my Dynalist Desktop app, but the problem remained.

Next reinstalled Dropbox and noticed after your problem description that the Apps folder was on my local Dropbox folder, but not on the Dropbox server.

I logged in on Dynalist server (not the desktop app) and unlinked/linked the Dropbox folder again. Now it’s present on both Dropbox server and local folder.

Hope it will work at the next backup run.