[Custom CSS] Tag pane?

Hi there :blush: !

I’m a newbie here and in the Dynalist family :blush: .

I began to tweak my CSS yesterday especially the colors of the #tag and @tag using this method :

And it’s working beautifully :smile: !

But what I would like to do is to get the colors I chose for my tags in the tag pane too.

So I just got 2 questions :blush:

• Is it doable ?
  • If, yes : How ?

I’ve done a little bit of CSS at least 10 years from now, so I might just say that my HTML is more than outdated, it’s inexistent :blush: (But I’m always eager to learn :wink: )

Many thanks in advance for the help :blush: !

Hi Pch, welcome! This CSS changes the background of all my tags in the tag pane to yellow:

span.tag-instance-text.pane-item-title {
    background-color: yellow;
}

Thank you for your answer :smile: !

Well, I tried your code but, sadly, it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for :wink:

I differentiated my #tag and @tag (using colors) in my documents because in my own mind they don’t have the same purpose and I wanted to reflect this differentiation in the tag pane as well.

My tags and tag pane are actually looking like this

IMG_6051

Using your code, it’s now looking like this
Tag

This is already easier to read, so it’s helpful anyway :smile:

1 Like

Sadly I don’t think it’s possible to differentiate # and @ in the tag pane. In the document their title attribute is different–not so in the tag pane.

We can work to improve it though!

Thanks for your reply Erica :grin: !

I must say, after a lot of research here and a lot of testing too, I’ve got to the same conclusion :wink: . Thank you for confirming that it’s apparently and actually not doable :wink: .

I’m not entirely sure this could be useful.

By reflecting the color-differentiation of my @tag & #tag in the tag pane, I was just trying to go around the fact that, currently, we can’t organize tags in folders in the tag pane :wink: .
(which is for me an important missing feature :confused: )