Could I? Is that possible? Perhaps I am missing something. Are you saying it is possible in Dynalist to add 2 separate keyboard shortcuts to “expand/collapse” in settings?
Additionally, I have used a lot of outlining software and would be hard pressed to find one that uses the same keyboard shortcut for expand & collapse. Even in Microsoft Office and notable competitors Checkvist & Workflowy.
- Excel - grouping columns and rows - Alt+Shift+Arrow Right and Alt+Shift+Arrow Left
- Excel - pivot table grouping - Alt+Shift+Arrow Right and Alt+Shift+Arrow Left
- Word - using outline view - Alt+Shift+Arrow Right and Alt+Shift+Arrow Left
- Checkvist - Control left and right arrow
- Workflowy - Control Up and down arrow
My inclination is not to believe THEY (Microsoft, Checkvist, & Workflowy) are all doing it wrong but only Dynalist is doing it right. If there any other outline program you know of that uses one shortcut for expand and collapse? I’d love to see it. I don’t think there is one and if there is one it is in the minority.
Finally, my experience is that single function expand and collapse is relegated to the very mouse centric mouse click using the + and - button which I feel is not be the right approach when it comes to the keyboard.
However, if I could do what you suggested and simply “add both shortcuts to expand/collapse” I would be very happy.