Collapsed state of shared documents

Hi @Erica, as I mentioned in the update thread, this just isn’t working as it’s supposed to. My publicly shared lists still appear as fully expanded every time, even after I check the “Share as collapsed” option and even though the #collapse instruction is included in the public link. Color theme switching via the public link does work, but collapse/expand all does not work.

Thank you for any help.

Hello @Erica

Thank you for this improvement and for working on this! :pray: :partying_face:

A few notes:

• The “Copy link” button doesn’t work on my side (Firefox)
  • The URL parameters disappear on page load (I believe that’s intentional and they simply act as a shortcut). This can be an issue if the users save that URL for future visits, in which case they will land on the all-expanded document. It will do the trick in embedded views though!
  • Looking forward to the same feature in the desktop app :crossed_fingers: :wink:
1 Like

I’m happy to report that this has now been fixed! :grinning: It definitely wasn’t working like it’s supposed to 10 days ago when I contributed to this thread previously. So many thanks, @Erica and/or @Shida!

The “Copy link” does work for me in Chrome on desktop. @LCMX, you might perhaps try clicking the button again in Firefox? I seem to remember the button isn’t always ideally responsive in Chrome, either. Perhaps that was a temporary glitch in your Firefox?

I would welcome the addition of this feature to mobile apps, too.

As to the disappearing parameters upon page (re)load, my solution (which I would have employed in any case) is to create custom shortcut URLs (so the Dynalist link including its parameters is hidden, anyway); I own several shortcut domains for that purpose (in addition to using the publicly available bit.ly). Naturally, the end user might still go ahead and bookmark the Dynalist link (without the parameters) instead… well, I guess there’s no easy way to prevent that from my side. It might be a better solution if URL parameters were retained upon page (re)load.

Finally, I would welcome the option to fine-tune and customize this functionality even further, as suggested in my post from 30 April above. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

• I can confirm it works in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but not in Firefox (77.0.1 up to date)
  • There’s no plugins / add-ons that seem to interfer (eg adblocks and such)
  • When clicked, the “Copy” button actually selects all the text in the popup

(As you can see the button is clickable (hover effect + confirmation message) ; it’s not an invisible overlaping element that’s interfering)

I can repro. Could you be so kind as to open a separate bug report for it so we can keep track of it? Thanks!

1 Like